Jan 11th, 2022
Credit card processing fees aren’t a hot topic in aesthetics, but these charges can add up very quickly in an industry with such big-ticket services. This week, Matt Rej, partner at Merchant Cost Consulting, pulls back the curtain of merchant fees and discusses how small business owners can reduce the costs of hidden or bundled fees to potentially save thousands of dollars per year. He covers:
- Reducing fees without making changes to software, credit card companies or banks;
- Potential fees hidden within common processors such as Clover and Square;
- The ability to renegotiate fees, even with integrated point-of-sale or other software systems;
- The rate medical aesthetics clinics should be paying for credit card processing;
- Some common bundled fees that can often be renegotiated;
- And much more!